UFM Worldwide exists to support churches in making disciples of all nations.
Since 1931 we’ve had the privilege of helping churches to identify, train, send and support workers for cross-cultural mission. We currently serve about 200 mission partners in 35 countries, sent by 90 gospel-hearted churches. UFM workers are committed to making disciples of all nations, taking the gospel to the least reached, and supporting under-resourced churches around the world.
Our approach to world mission is based on the following convictions about the Gospel, Church, People and the Lord.
Committed to the GOSPEL
- We proclaim, teach and live the truths of biblical, historic Christianity
- We believe that every word of the Bible was inspired by God through human authors, so that the Bible as originally given is in its entirety the Word of God, without error and fully reliable in fact and doctrine
- Our mandate is the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ (to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising … and teaching them to obey all I have commanded you.”)
- Our priority is to take the gospel to unreached people and to serve under-resourced churches
Committed to the CHURCH
- Missionaries are sent by churches, not agencies
- Our missionaries have a clear sense of call to missionary service that has been confirmed by their local church
- We serve a growing number of churches in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and around the world, working closely with them to develop global vision as well as in sending and supporting missionaries
- We partner with many national/international churches/agencies in areas such as pioneer evangelism, student ministry, church planting and pastoral and leadership training
Committed to PEOPLE
- We aim to be a family, not simply an organisation
- We aim to be flexible – our structures are there to serve people as they serve the Lord
- We have missionaries serving in 35 countries worldwide and are happy to enable missionaries to go anywhere in the world, if possible
- In partnership with sending and receiving churches and projects pastoral care of our missionaries is a priority
Committed to the LORD
- We acknowledge that the work of mission is the Lord’s work, not ours
- We seek to put to use the tools that God has given to us for his mission – his life-changing Word spoken in the power of the Holy Spirit, in prayerful dependence on the Lord
- Our missionaries look to the Lord to raise up teams of supporters who will identify with them in prayer and financial support