UFM’s Summer Teams are different
Summer Teams for 2018 are going to the following countries:
Age requirement for all teams is 18+
- Dates: 6-16 July
- Maximum places: 30
- Accommodation: After a stay in Athens we will camp at Armenistis Camping http://www.armenistis.com.gr
- Activities: A student training camp with outreach among Greek students. Takes place in English, so language not a problem.
- Cost: £250 plus flights to Athens. Transportation within Greece, food and insurance is included in the cost. There may be a possibility to extend the trip to include a additional nights at the start/end of the visit.
MOLDOVA – TEAM FULL FOR 2018
- Activities: Supporting the Casa Mea project which a UFM missionary, Maureen Wise, helped start about 12 years ago. The project seeks to reach people with disabilities in Institutions in Moldova with the gospel and has created 4 community houses for individuals that have been rehomed by the project. The Summer Team lasts for 2 weeks. The first week is spent going into one of these institutions and doing evangelism there. The institution is very remote so we camp outside for the week and go in each day from usually 0900-1300. The second week is doing practical work in the community homes.
- Applications are now closed for the 2018 Moldova Summer Team
- Dates: 21 June – 9 July
- Activities: The main purpose of going will be to assist with 2 holiday bible clubs for children 5 – 13 in two different areas. One will be at a rural primary school and the other in a church in a township. Each location will have 150 – 200 children. We start with a few days for orientation and last minute preparation for the clubs that will run from Monday through Friday each morning. On Sunday we will be at church and take part depending on the gifting of the team (testimony, preach, sing). The Saturdays are rest days and we will arrange an outing like a safari, beach or waterpark. We will leave on Sunday 8th July returning Monday evening 9th. The clubs will mean an early start and ending after lunch. The afternoons and evenings will be spent helping out at a children’s home run by our Associate missionaries Gavin and Elaine Charlton and some time in preparation for the next days’ club. The children’s home is call MusaweNkosi and you can find out about it here musawenkosi.org.za and here facebook.com/musawenkosiministries/. The sort of things we will do at the home will be homework with the children, games or practical work.
- Cost: Approximately £1300
- Applications are now closed for the 2018 South Africa Summer Team
Here is a taster of a UFM team serving in South Africa:
- Dates: 9th – 20th July
- Activities: This team is particularly suited for retired people or others who can give ongoing time to this work after the team has finished. The purpose of the team is for individuals to be trained in how to produce Audio Books which will then be used by missionaries and organisations for the training of pastors with little or no education, or in evangelism or discipleship training. The aim would be for you to take the “field recording kit” and a “dedicated editing laptop” that you build while on the team (with support of others) home with you and continue to use it. The training you receive while on the summer team will allow you to record and edit Audio Books. These will be used by hundreds or even thousands of people training to be pastors in various places around the world (including Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America!).
- Requirements: You do not need particular technical skills. Ideally you have a rich voice that is easy to listen to and be understood by people in the 10/40 window. You will once trained need to operate the recording device and the editing computer. You will ideally have a minimum of 1 to 2 hours a week that you can give to this ongoing work after the team has finished. All the training you need will be given during the summer team.
- Location: At the GBM studios in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- Cost: £400 will be needed to fund the “field recording kit”, dedicated “editing laptop” and for board and lodging during the team. You will take home, keep and use the recording and editing kit for as long as you continue to record Audio Articles and Audio Books. Getting to Abingdon in Oxfordshire, together with getting home again will be your responsibility.
For further information on Summer Teams or to let us know of your interest, please contact us at: email@example.com
UFM Worldwide is recognised by Global Connections as operating under the Code of Best Practice in Short-Term Mission 2017 and 2018.