UFM Worldwide exists to support local churches in making disciples of all nations. Our priorities are to take the gospel to the least reached and to support under resourced churches around the world.
We currently serve:
- Over 175 long term missionaries, sent by 90 gospel-hearted churches
- From 28 nations, serving in 35 different countries
Vacancy: Area Director, Scotland
Full time, permanent role. 35 hours per week. Based in our Glasgow office. Some flexibility on hours and location for the ideal candidate.
To support the growing work of UFM and to build capacity for the future we are looking to appoint a full-time Area Director to join our Senior Leadership Team. This role will report to the Head of Personnel, with secondary lines of reporting to the Director. Responsibilities include:
- Pastoral support of UFM missionaries, in conjunction with their sending churches
- Support of local churches and networks in their cross-cultural mission involvement
- Development of UFM’s work across Scotland
- Teaching the Bible’s message of mission in a variety of settings
- Playing an active part in wider leadership issues within UFM as part of the Senior Leadership Team
The successful candidate will:
- Have a heart for mission & a pastoral concern for people
- Be an able preacher and have good relationships with church and parachurch networks across Scotland
- Ideally have experience in both pastoral and cross-cultural ministry
- Have proven initiative and the ability to develop a ministry
For more information or to request an application pack containing a full job description and details of salary and benefits, please contact: Rachel Lambert, Personnel Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01793 610515.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16th December 2019, with interviews for those shortlisted being held in Glasgow in January 2020.
Within the terms of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003, it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the successful candidate agrees with and signs UFM Worldwide’s Statement of Faith.