Volunteers are required at Carazo Christian Academy in Nicaragua, working alongside UFM mission workers, Barry & Susana Davis.
The following roles are required:
- Teaching assistants to help with computing, art, sport, music, English language and pre-school age group
- Specialist subject teachers to help train teachers, particularly in English and sciences
- Counselling expertise, working alongside school nurse
- Administration and finance
- Volunteers to teach daily Bible classes and help with outreach events to parents
For teaching and teaching assistant roles, the school is looking for a minimum of 3 months’ commitment. A greater impact is achieved if teachers/assistants can volunteer for a full school year (January to November).
For more information on the school, visit https://www.nicca.org/cca
Long to serve overseas but cannot travel?
There is also the opportunity to support this ministry from home, by providing opportunities for Spanish-speaking teachers to practice their English conversational skills over video call.
Could you spare 40-60 mins twice or three times a week to have a Zoom call with a teacher? All you would need is a mobile phone or computer with internet access and the ability to chat! You would not need to be able to speak Spanish and full guidance would be given.
Contact us to find out more at email@example.com.