UFM Supporters Privacy Notice
Changes in Data Protection Law come into force on 25th May 2018 and we have taken this opportunity to inform supporters how we collect and process their data and also to obtain consent to receive information from us in relation to the work of UFM, its Missionaries and UFM Events.
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when UFM Worldwide collects and uses personal information. Please read it carefully. If you would like to learn more about our Data Protection procedures or get further clarification, please contact us:
Data Protection Compliance Manager
UFM Worldwide, Unit 10 Interface Business Park, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN4 8SY
Phone: 01793 610515
How we collect personal information:
We collect personal information directly from a supporter when they complete a form, provide details by phone or via our website www.ufm.org.uk
The personal information we collect:
- Personal identifiers such as title and name;
- Contact details including postal address, postcode, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as donation history;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Records of your contact with us
Sensitive Personal Data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin. UFM Worldwide will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with the greatest care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information to:
- keep supporters informed about our work (please see more details in marketing permissions);
- monitor and assess the quality of our services;
- process donations;
- reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable;
- fulfil our objectives as a mission agency;
- comply with the law regarding data sharing.
We do not share personal information with others except as described in this notice.
We love sharing news about how your support is changing lives in the name of Jesus. This includes sending information about our work, news, events, and prayer requests. In order to receive such information from UFM we require supporters consent unless there is an over-riding legitimate interest to contact you (for example, when a missionary whom you support comes to the end of their placement, we will need to let you know).
How long we keep data
We hold personal data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation and statutory requirements (e.g. HMRC for Gift Aid).
Who we share personal information with
We may share personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to provide products or services supporters have requested from us (such as prayer letters) or where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Data Protection Compliance Manager.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact the Data Protection Compliance Manager
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk/concerns